Monday, October 7, 2013

Stop #9: I saw the sign

Creating silly or informative signs is an easy way to make lessons a bit more interesting.  

The first sign I made is a warning sign; the link is included in the caption.  This generator allows you to choose many headings like BEWARE!, notice, CAUTION, etc.  You then get to choose a photo to display on the left that is meant to display the danger.  After choosing that, you can input any text you want on the right.  This is the warning descriptor.  Here is my silly outcome:
It's possible.

For my second sign, I used a website that happened to be in German.  In spite of the language barrier, I was able to easily navigate the site and create this lovely depiction of my feelings about Monday.  There were several templates for the smileys holding the sign and you can customize the text, text color, and background color.    
Oh, how I detest them.
This is a generator that I think would be pretty cool for students to use when doing a project on another country.  There were a ridiculous amount of countries to choose from, and you can customize the face on the smiley and the text.  The website was high contrast, so that wasn't my favorite, but the generator was pretty awesome.
In honor of the Shutdown.
I am crazy addicted to these now, thanks to this lesson and I can think of so many uses for me or my students.  I am already mentally decorating my classroom with grammar warning signs. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment