Friday, October 4, 2013

Stop #7: FLICKR!

Flickr is one of my favorite photo sharing websites!  Although I do not have a personal account, I spend a lot of time scrounging for photos that express what I am feeling for my computer background or for my Facebook cover photo.  The easiest way for me to find photos that I can use is to use the advanced search and click the "Only search within Creative Commons-licensed content" button.  This ensures that I can find any pictures that the creators want me to be able to use and share without having to type in weird search phrases.

One of the photos I found during the exploration of the site was under the search phrase "autumn."  Autumn is my favorite season, and since it is October, I figured it was appropriate.  Being from Illinois, I am used to long, distinct Autumns with crisp air and falling leaves (much unlike Tennessee).  I always get a little homesick when Autumn rolls around for that exact reason.  This photo makes me so very happy that I can almost forget the homesickness:
Photo by ClifB
When looking at this photo, I can smell the autumn air with the fresh, moist ground from a recent rain.  I can feel the chilly breeze blow through the holes in my sweater and whip my hair around my face.  I can imaging laying across the bench with an anthology of James Joyce and relaxing in the soft glow of the afternoon sun.  This photo exudes beauty and happiness to me.


I think I am going to keep browsing through the "autumn" tags. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment