Monday, October 7, 2013

Stop #11: Finding new blogs

In order to fill up my new RSS feed, I needed to do some internet exploring.  There are many places to search for cool blogs to follow, but I started at Google Blogs.  Not surprisingly, this yielded expansive useful results.  I also tried blogsearchengine.org and Technorati, but I found that Google blogs was certainly the most easy to use.  Technorati was a bit confusing because the homepage was so busy to start out with that I could barely find where to search.  I also used the Feedly search engine which was the most convenient method.  One really cool feed that I found using this method by searching "educational technologies" was freetech4teachers.com which is a site about emerging technologies that cost nothing and can be used to enhance the classroom experience.  There are a lot of unusual feeds that come up when you only use the search term "education" because most times political blogs will come up.  These blogs have mentioned education before, perhaps, but are not dedicated to the topic.  The search for sites to include in my feed will probably last a long time, but at least I now have some useful tools with which I can conduct these searches.

No comments:

Post a Comment