Monday, October 7, 2013

Stop #8: Getting those creative juices flowing


To create a mash-up for this activity, I chose to use Bookr, a Flickr user-created app using the Flickr API.  For this app, you can search Flickr tags or users and insert the photos from the search into a book.  There is a section on each page to place a caption and you can create up to a 36 page book!

This would be really cool in the classroom because my students could create books using photos that they upload or that are free to use.  The search within the app automatically searches for only Creative Commons content, so there is no fear of copyright infringement.  This is a really cool resource for projects.

Because of my love for Autumn weather, I chose to create a mash-up of Autumn pictures for this post.  Have a look!


My book about Autumn.


No comments:

Post a Comment