Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Stop #15: Wiki-wiki-whaaaattt?

Wikis had never been on my radar much before taking this educational tech class, so the concept is pretty new to me.  It is a pretty neat idea, and although I have used my fair share of Wikipedia, I never gave much thought to how it was created.  Creating a website that anyone at all could edit and revise means that the website could be exceptionally thorough, since everyone can bring different expertise to the plate.  The problem I see with wikis is that someone could easily fudge everything up by being silly or rude.

I could see myself using a wiki as a classroom project, where students build their own class' website based on things we accomplish in the course.  Students are often proud when the create things, especially when they can be viewed by a large audience, so a published wiki could be a motivating and creative project that would involve everyone.  I look forward to finding new ways to use wikis, as there is so much left to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment