Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Stop #14: Flowcharts and Mindmaps

For this activity, I chose to try Gliffy (flowchart) and Bubbl.us (mindmap).  I chose these because I have used MindMeister before and wanted to try something different for a mindmap, and I think it is silly to have to request an invitation to use an application (looking at you, flowchart.com).  Between the two, I prefer using the mindmap on Bubbl.us.  The controls and connections are much more intuitive than the Gliffy flowchart.  The flowchart would be easier for organizing ideas that have already been brainstormed.

In my future classroom, I could use these applications for students to organize thoughts for papers or projects or as presentations.  The mindmap would be best for organizing the projects and the flowcharts would work well for presenting timelines or relationships between cause and effect.  I remember being assigned handwritten flowcharts when I was in school, and the concept was very helpful for understanding.  Now that there are easier ways to accomplish the same task, I will be sure to implement them in my future classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment